Sunday, June 20, 2010

At Last

At last  I have successfully set up a sales website, with Getresponse autoresponder and all.

You can visit my website to see its finished product, and also to get a free ebook.  I am very happy with my achievement, and thanks to the trainer, Mr Jaz Lai.

I have attended many workshops and seminars, over the years but have not gone down to creating a sales website that is ready to take orders. And today, I have done so within 1 day's training.

What is different between Jaz's training and the training conducted by other gurus can be summaried as follows:


1. the class is kept small - 30, with 6 trainer helpers.
A small class has its benefits;  there is less strain on the internet connection,  and less interruptions.

I have attended a bigger workshop which promises hands on training also, but the sheer size of the class (150 or so)  caused the internet connection to play up, and so many of us couldn't carry out the practical exercises.  And human being being human beings, once we are back to the normal routine, the website creation takes a back seat, and ultimately forgotten.

2. Jaz also made a 'autocratic' decision.  He made all of us select the same product to promote, so this ensures that all of us are on the same page all the time, and hence the learning was faster and efficient.

I got back today and checked my autoresponder and saw 1 unique sign up for my opt-in page!    It works.  I want to get 1000 signups within 3 months.

Here are the tools and resources we used today
1. domain name supplier- namecheap
2. autoresponder -getresponse
3. hosting company - inbox hoster

0 comments:

Google