Tuesday, January 02, 2007

SMART, PURE and CLEAR goals for 2007

, ,

Goal setting for 2007

I spent the first 24 hours of the new year formulating my personal and business goals for the new year. It's always good to start the new year on a high and positive note.

In order to set my financial goals, I have also worked out my personal expense budget for 2007 so that I determine the amount to save and invest. I am not in the millionaire category yet where money is not an issue (I wish I was!). In any case, if you don't believe in preparing a personal budget, please realise that even big corporations (and all Countries) have to plan and budget their expenditure; so budgeting is a necessary evil.

My small contribution for those who want to work on setting their goals (personal and business goals) for the new year.. Think SMART, PURE and CLEAR.

SMART Goals are those which are
SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE, ACHIEVABLE, RESULT-ORIENTED and within a TIME FRAME

PURE Goals are those goals which are
POSITIVELY STATED, UNDERSTOOD, RELEVANT and ETHICAL

CLEAR Goals are those which are
CHALLENGING, LEGAL, ENVIRONMENTALLY SOUND, APPROPRIATE and are RECORDED

What is my goal for 2007 for the internet business?
By end 2007, I should be able to generate a consistent monthly income equivalent to 4 times the monthly expenses, by working a few hours each day.

What do I have to DO to achieve the goal?
This means that I have to learn at much faster pace than now! As a start, I have signed up for a hands-on-coaching session in January which should speed up the learning curve. More about it after the session.

How do I know I am on the right track?
When I have earned my first US$100.00 from the internet!
And I shall celebrate by buying the latest 3G phone!


Want to share some SMS messages received for the New Year:

A new year
A new start
A new chapter
A new beginning

Forget the BAD
Cherish the GOOD
Wish you a happy new year 2007

I also liked this message from another friend:
A relaxed MIND
A healthy BODY
A heart full of LOVE
and a pocket full of $$$
These are my New year wishes to you and family

5 comments:

Catnip Antrobus said...

Good choices but don't forget the intangible things. Life is not all about money - don't forget love and fun.

World internet summit said...

Hi there,

Hope your goals worked out the way you would have liked

Auto 1 said...

That's a great lay out there thanks

Loose weight Quick said...

Thanks for the goal setting formula i copy and pasted it in to a folder

Nissan 4x4 said...

Laid out very well there clear and concise, thanks

Google