Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Internet Marketing Bootcamp, Malaysia

, ,

No more excuses.

A search for the above keyword in Google generated some 9810 sites with the exact keywords in the title tags. [If you want to learn how to make that kind of search, leave your comments and I will reply]

No more excuses will also be my motto for this year.

I attended the 'first-ever'Internet Marketing Bootcamp, (Malaysian chapter) conducted by Fabian Lim during the weekend Jan 27-28, 2007. It's a hands-on / how-to type of training where evey participant had to bring their own laptop and follow Fabian in the practical exercises. We went from the very basic (cut/paste) to designing our own website within the 2 days. I've shorten my learning curves by many years!!

Some advice from Fabian

1. "FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS"
2. Don't be paralysed by Information overload. (How true!. I've written an earlier post about Information overload)
3. Master One strategy before moving onto another. (Hear, Hear. Don't get distracted)
4. Take Action. MASSIVE ACTION
5. Don't Give Up.

I also pick up another important point :

If you think you can make money from the internet in your underwear without working at it, then you're dead WRONG.

Like any offline business, the online business has to be nurtured (read: built and marketed to the targeted group) before you can make money on autopilot.


The next few days and months will (and should) see me working on my online projects.

P/S

There were 2 families amongst the group which started their children young into this business. There were 4 participants between the ages of 11 to 16, in this group. Way to go!

0 comments:

Google